What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Jalal had to work today, so Quinn and I went to church by ourselves. He was kind of tired before we even left, and he was not in a great mood. He started crying when we got to the nursery. Poor kid. Usually he is ready to run away from us and go play. A couple of weeks ago, he ran in as happy as could be and then freaked out. Jalal had to take him outside to calm him down. It was so out of the blue and unlike him that I wasn't really sure what to do. Today he just took a little distraction before he was fine.

During the sermon, one of the musicians, the violin player, came and sat down next to me. It was really nice since I was sitting alone. After I picked up Quinn from the nursery, I went back in the sanctuary and introduced myself. It was nice to meet another person face to face. I'm getting there! Maybe I'll start going to the women's Bible study or something soon. (Oh, and I always peek in the window trying to see Quinn before he sees me. He saw me right away today and ran across the room pointing and yelling "Mama!" The adults in there thought it was so funny. There's no need for nametags with that kind of reaction!

Yesterday was Supermom day. I haven't gotten that much stuff done in one day ever (or at least as long as I can remember). I emptied the dishwasher, filled the dishwasher, washed all the pots and pans, baked cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip!, and no I haven't eaten them all yet), vacuumed the whole downstairs, did two loads of laundry, finished an edit, ironed 6 shirts and a pair of pants, and took a 30-minute walk with Maureen, after which we let the kids play. Woohoo!

Oh, and saving the best news for last, I got a job! Another freelance job that I can do from home. It's with an educational media company proofreading flashcards. It's way more intense than I expected when I applied, but I already got work from them! I'm currently edited flashcards about business and marketing for the Praxis II. Here's to taking exactly a year to find something to do other than Arcadia! Man, when people said freelancing was hard to break into, they weren't kidding. All the more reason to be grateful that I've been able to stay home with Quinn for the past year. I have to go on a recycling run now. Love, Us.

No comments: