What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, March 6, 2009

From Snow to Seventy

So on Monday it snowed 4 inches or so. Today it hit almost 70 degrees. Jalal didn't have to work until the afternoon, so we went to the playground with Quinn this morning. It was very windy though, like blow you over windy. It was crazy to see how busy it was. And the variety of moms in attendance was so funny to see as well. I mentioned how some kids were in jeans and sweatshirts and others were in these boutique gingham rompers with smocking and lacy dresses with tights and white shoes. Really? Jalal pointed out that this must be where the upper-class moms come because every woman there had a huge rock on her ring finger as well. Hmm...did we crash a party? I could care less. My child was sweet and well-behaved and said "Hi!" to the other kids. Plus, my hubby was there! I wish he and Quinn got to play together more often. Oh, and Quinn is doing this cute thing now where he has to tell everyone I'm his mama and Jalal is his dada. He informed the lady with the bread samples at Costco of this, and she said, "Really? That's your daddy? And there's your mommy? Great." I said, "As if you couldn't tell."

So we didn't get to bowl on Monday night because the weather was so bad. I don't know what we're going to do to make it up, but some of the girls want to go bowl tomorrow night. I really wish I could go, but I can't seem to find a babysitter. EVER. I have got to find a group of sitters to draw from, preferably with people who will call me back. Why is that difficult? I am also working on finding someone for St. Patrick's Day. My bowling team (have I mentioned that our name is the Gutter Gals?) has a plan to go to a concert: the New Kids on the Block! Wouldn't that be hysterical? But I'm dreading what will happen when I pay for a ticket and then can't find someone to watch Quinn. Oh well, guess I'll just keep a positive outlook and keep calling around. Wish me luck! Good night. Love, Us.

No comments: