What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Growing Up and Letting Go

I'm so proud of Quinn. He has gone two nights now without a pacifier. When we got back from Charleston the last time, we went back to only using it during naps, bedtime, and moments of extreme distress (mostly his, sometimes ours). When that went well, Jalal suggested we stop using it overnight and see how he did. To my surprise, he only cried for a couple of minutes each night. He's such a big boy. I told my sister about it today, and the poor thing burst into tears. She feels like she's missing so much of him growing up. I completely understand and I wish I knew what to do about it. We are planning a trip to Daytona later this month (I know, another freakin' trip!) to help Mom go through some of our old things as well as Dad's stuff. So hopefully that will help. I guess there's no use hoping we'll ever live too near each other. Wade refuses to leave Woodville, and I can't imagine Jalal ever finding a career path that leads to (or even through) Tallahassee. So instead we can just work toward one or the other of us becoming rich enough so we could afford monthly visits. Hmmm...lotto tickets anyone? Well, Jalal and I have to go look over our tax returns now. Yay! (insert sarcastic font here) Love, Us.

No comments: