What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. I myself have been a perfectly perfect mom in every way.

There were a lot of things I didn't do this week! For one thing, I did not put my silver hoop earrings on Quinn just to see how pretty he looked. But if I had to NOT do it again, I wouldn't tell Jalal about it and then never hear the end of it. Good grief!

I did not take video of Quinn going to the bathroom while standing in the living room (in his diaper of course) just because it was so funny how he says "Squeeeze!" while doing it.

I did not try to get Quinn to go barge in on my sister and brother-in-law in their room so I could go back to sleep for a little while.

I did not pout just a little when I lost (by a lot) EVERY SINGLE game of cards we played this weekend. I did not make a bunch of jokes about my lameness to cover up my poor sportsmanship.

I did not stay up so late every single night for a week that my eyes constantly feel like they are covered in Elmer's glue!

I did not share snarky comments with my sister about how going to a water park makes us feel so much better about our bodies because there are so many HUGE people wearing tiny and/or inappropriate bathing suits.

I did not abandon my family to prepare dinner alone while Trish and I stopped by the pool on the way home from the water park, just to enjoy water deeper than 3 feet, 6 inches. I did not feel mad when said dinner was still waiting for me to help prepare when we got home. And then I did not send my husband out to get basil for my tomato pie because I had forgotten to pick it up earlier in the week.

I did not allow Quinn to eat ice cream in his stroller without a bib at the hot air balloon festival last week, resulting in the image below. If I had, I would certainly have washed and spot-treated the shirt immediately upon our arrival at home. It would not still be sitting on the washer waiting for a load of Quinn's clothes. Not Me!


So what have you not done this week? Love, Us.

No comments: