What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How Does Your Mind Work?

I often think of this question in relation to Quinn. For instance, he woke up this afternoon from his nap, and I didn't get him up right away. I usually let him wake up fully to minimize the drama when I go in there. I listened to him on the monitor for a while. The first thing he does is start singing, "Elmo's World." After that, he moves on to saying "shower" over and over. He's lately obsessed with showers and wants to take one all the time. Instead I took him to the pool. Next best thing, right? It was the perfect day for it, pretty warm but not blazing hot. The pool was cold but not frigid. Quinn would have gladly stayed a couple more hours, but when the sun hid behind the clouds, I was ready to head home. But we did meet a nice family there. Maybe we'll run into them again. The mother was really sweet and gave me some pointers about teaching Quinn to swim. Their 3-year-old girl loved Quinn and dragged him around with her.

I have to admit, I've been really lazy unmotivated about work the past two days. I just want to sit around and read for pleasure, or watch Quinn kick a soccer ball. Unfortunately, that doesn't pay the rent! I guess I better get my butt in gear, huh? I'm halfway through my Praxis project, so I'm right on schedule for that, but after Quinn's medical "issue" Friday and my being less than diligent the past two days, I'm kind of behind with my other work. I guess I better step it up. Thursday Jalal is off, and we are having a date night, going to an early movie and then dinner at Saskatoon, a wild game restaurant we've been wanting to try since we moved here. Quinn is going to spend the evening with Maureen and Sarah. Well, this certainly isn't helping me get my work done, so toodle-oo! Love, Us.

No comments: