What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Short one this week. Most of the Not Me! stuff I've done is too bad to print, even in denial form.
I did NOT tell my sweet 19-month-old child to "Grow up!" when he began to throw things out of his crib. Jalal did NOT laugh at me and tell me how ridiculous that was to say, and I DID laugh along and NOT take myself too seriously. (I was NOT, however, fighting a cold at the time and will NOT claim feeling crappy was my excuse.)
I did NOT get irrationally mad at Quinn for telling me sixteen times that he had to go potty, only to say "All done" as soon as he sat down. I did NOT put my head in and my hands and almost cry after the fourth time as he ran around the living room without a diaper. Because I was NOT going to be one of THOSE moms.
I did NOT think terribly mean and catty thoughts about the drunk, trashy women at the bar when I went out with Maureen. I did NOT congratulate myself on the fact that I wasn't the one wearing a black T-shirt with a sequined black miniskirt and white strappy hooker heels.
I did NOT seriously consider buying Maureen a birthday dessert, knowing she would share it with me and I could therefore quiet my chocolate craving while "doing good."
I was NOT disgusted at the idea of cuddling and comforting my crying child Saturday night when he was sick and unhappy and couldn't sleep, merely because our A/C was broken and it was 88 degrees and he had a fever. I did NOT try to push him over to his Daddy's side of the bed so I could sleep. (In my defense, Jalal did NOT gleefully admit to doing the same thing to me the next day.)

(I would link this to MckMama's blog as usual, but she is still with Stellan in the Boston Children's Hospital. So you're either going to have to live with just mine or search for other people's Not Me! Mondays on your own.)

Love, Us.

No comments: