What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Silly Stories

We had a very good vacation, and most of it can be encapsulated in some of the silly stories I'll share here.

On Sunday morning, we stopped at IHOP for breakfast before church. We got Quinn a cheese omelet and a pancake. I tried to balance out some of the crap I've been eating and chose a Harvest Grain and Nut pancake with blueberries, topped with bananas. Well, of course Quinn wanted the bananas, so I shared those with him. Then he saw my pancake and started freaking out, asking for a "cookie." Yeah, he thought the blueberries were chocolate chips. So I had to give him my pancake, which he ate happily, continuing to point out his "cookie." I got a few bites of cheese omelet. Yay.

Quinn woke up at 3:00 a.m. one morning and Jalal brought him into bed with us. When he awoke again at 6:00, I told him he had to be quiet because Daddy was still sleeping. I said he could watch TV. He said, "TV!" (not unusual at all, I'm afraid), but then he remembered to say "Peas!" (please). How could I resist?

Another time he was hanging out in bed with us and Jalal had fallen asleep. He had just started snoring when Quinn began to fake snore, which he does to pretend sleep.

I was trying to teach him to say "Aunt" and "Uncle" on our way into Florence. He started out saying them both just fine, but then I asked him who we were going to see. He said, "Uncle." I said, "And?" "Uncle!" "What about Aunt?" "Nope." That's pretty much how it went from then on. Every time we would say "Aunt," he would say "Nope." Aunt Linda wasn't too crazy about that, especially when Uncle Bruce tried to get Quinn to call her "Turkey." Bad move. I swear my kid is such a little smart aleck. Where on earth did he get that from? (Shut up, Trish.)

We stopped for lunch one day at a sub shop. Since Quinn wasn't eating anything anyway, I guess he had plenty of time to be cute. At one point, the shop's phone rang. Quinn pops his head up and asks, "Trish?" Haha! Jalal and I just cracked up. The next time the phone rang, he said, "Hello?" which sounds like "Heh-row?"

Turns out, Quinn is a water baby, just like the rest of the Halabys. Within just a few minutes in the pool, he was blowing bubbles underwater and holding his breath. He would count to three and then say "Go!" before jumping out of Jalal's or my arms into the water. I spent a lot of pool time in the hot tub. When Quinn wanted to go in, too, we told him it was hot. So he started to call the hot tub "hot bubbles." It was pretty funny.

Okay, I'm sure there are more, but that's all I remember right now. I guess I should start writing them down as the week goes on, huh? Greedy readers. Oh, and happy mother's day to all of you moms, mommies, mamas, and mothers. I've been called all but mother by my kid this week alone. I love when he yells "Mo-om" across the playground. Hope your day was nice. Love, Us.

No comments: