What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, April 11, 2008

Saturday...in the Park (or Thursday)

So yesterday Quinn and I went to "Falls Park on the Reedy," the beautiful downtown Greenville park where the river comes through over some small but lovely waterfalls. We took a blanket, books, and toys and sat in the shade to play for awhile. I took Quinn's socks off and let him play on the damp grass, too. He was fascinated by it. And even though I made a special trip back into the house after I had forgotten the camera, I still left it sitting on the front seat of the car. Aarrgh! So I thought I would take a few pics with my phone (better than nothing, right?). I was shocked at how nice they came out! Maybe it was the natural lighting (or the natural talent), but they are better than half the pictures I've taken with our camera! There were other moms out there with their kids, and I actually got up the nerve to approach one woman. She had an 8-month-old girl who was gorgeous, but the mom didn't seem to take the bait, even after I told her we just moved here. Oh well. At least I tried.
So somebody took me up on my offer to have more visitors. Yay! Fiona and Tristan are coming up tomorrow (ostensibly to visit Fiona's family in Spartanburg for her birthday, but I know why they are really coming). That will be nice. And my sister, Trish, might come up in a couple of weeks to go wedding dress shopping. That is going to be so much fun. I can't wait! Speaking of weddings, I found this awesome dress and matching shoes (well, not matching, just coordinated) that I can wear to the two weddings we are going to in Charleston next month. The dress was $30 at Ross, and the shoes were on clearance for $22! I'm so excited I might even shave my legs! Just kidding, I already did that. I figured I needed the practice if I was going to do it two weeks in a row! (You think I'm joking? Sadly, no.)
So Quinn stands up as often as he can now. I was telling my future brother-in-law, Wade, about the experience of having a 17-pound baby trying to crawl on top of your head. It's not pretty, I promise. Plus he likes faces and he likes to pinch. Put those together. He has a habit of pinching my upper arm flab that I swear my sister taught him when I wasn't around. She'll get hers, don't worry. Well, I better get to work. Jalal should be home by five today and we're going out for pizza. Woohoo! Oh, and we found the Five Guys today. Thank God. I was getting worried. For those of you who don't know, Five Guys is a D.C. burger chain. You have to try it to understand. Let's just say we gave it up for Lent (along with all fast food) after I argued that it couldn't be fast food because it didn't have a drive-thru. I lost that argument and went for almost 50 days without it. Never again. ; ) Love, Us.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

I haven't taught him that arm thing yet, but I'm so proud!! Can't wait to see you guys, and "yay" for 5 guys.