What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mmmm. . .Saturdays

I have to admit, even if Mondays don't feel like Mondays anymore, Saturdays still feel like Saturdays. It's supposed to rain here all day, which will probably interfere with my plans to take Quinn to the community yard sale. Our whole complex gets together and has an annual yard sale. I'm sure I can find one or two things we don't need. Or as my dad used to say, something I didn't know I couldn't live without. Speaking of my dad, I talked to him the other night and was very frustrated. After 10 minutes of conversation, about us and what we've been doing, he says, "How's your leg?" I asked what in the world he was talking about. He said, "You just had surgery on it." I said, very patiently, "No, that was Trish." "Oh, I thought this was Trish!" Jeez. So when I said Jalal took the day off and we went to the zoo with Quinn, he didn't see anything wrong with that picture? So then he asks me how many days a week I go into the office now. I said, "Dad, I quit my job when I moved three hours away. I don't go into the office anymore. I don't work there." Ohhh! Good grief, Charlie Brown.
Well, I have gotten a lot of freelance work done this week. This is good because Jalal has the day off tomorrow. So I can spend the day with him instead of with the computer. Plus, Trish is still planning to come up next weekend. I miss her and can't wait for that. I have to map out all the bridal shops so we can have an organized plan of attack. Charge! (Or as Wilma Flintstone would say, "Charge it!")
Quinn and I met that girl from church, Leah, yesterday for coffee (or iced chai and lemonade in our case). We talked for an hour and a half. I feel like we got along really well. Jalal said he'll go with me tomorrow if his schedule doesn't get messed up. We can put Quinn in the nursery since Leah will be in there. I hope she likes me as much as she likes Quinn. I wonder how many of my friends with kids have asked that about me? I recognize a baby lover (stealer? Moi?) a mile away. Well, I better try to work while I can. After Quinn's nap, which he hasn't really started yet, I think we'll try to hit the yard sale. Later. Love, Us.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

I love your blogs. Even though we talk almost everyday, I love the way you write, and it makes me feel like I'm not missing quite so much of your lives. I love you all.