What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, April 21, 2008

Brownies

I just baked brownies. Now don't think I'm Betty Crocker or anything. The brownies were. I'm not. Hence the brownie mix. But I have a huge problem. Well, in the grand scheme of things I'd have to admit it wouldn't count as "huge," but it's my blog and I can exaggerate if I want to. Every time I try to cut brownies, and believe me, it's more often than I'd care to admit, they "tear." Does that make sense? They don't cut smoothly, no matter how long they've cooled or how well done they are. If anyone has a solution, please post a comment telling me how to cut nice even brownies. Jalal wants to take some to work, but I'm so embarrassed by the presentation that I won't let him yet. Solve my brownie quandary, please, and let me move on to more important issues, like where to put the shadowbox of a bathroom in the bathroom. That's another of my quirks. I have to have pictures of bathrooms--toilets, bathtubs, sinks--in my bathrooms. I have a cute little shadowbox that even has little cloth tissues in the trashcan. I'm a dork, but I like it. We have enough "high art" that I'm allowed a little dorkiness in the bathroom. And the kitchen. That's where we have the lifesize ceramic chef's head and hand that hold a bottle of wine as if he's drinking it. We love that thing. Jalal's mom, Louella, gave it to us, and it cracks me up. It only holds our most honored bottle of wine, which has been my bottle that I got in Tuscany the summer I graduated college. I'm saving it for a special occasion. (Wedding, anniversaries, birth of our baby, hmm...what else is going to happen that's more special than those??) I hope it is still aging nicely. Well, I do want to write about something more profound than brownies and kitchen decor, but I should really get some work done first. More later. Love, Us.

2 comments:

trishandwade said...

Did you make "fudgy" brownies or "cake-like" brownies? I know we both like the fudgy ones better, hands down, but maybe the cake-like ones will cut easier...just a thought. Oh yeah, and I love the bathroom shadow-box in the bathroom. Perhaps someday I will have one in mine :)

Anna said...

Hey Chica,

Have you tried cutting them with dental floss. I've never tried it, but it might just work like to does for cookie dough.

Later Tater,
Anna