What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Quinn

Today Quinn is 8 months old. We went to a movie today. It was Quinn's first time at a movie theater. Can you believe that? I haven't been to a movie in probably 5 months. I love going to movies. So we went to Target and bought some necessities and then drove across the street to what we thought was a movie theater. (It wasn't very flashy, not like the Regal on Mall Drive in Charleston.) Jalal jumps out of the car, comes back, and calls work and says, "I'm not coming in until 3:00 today." I couldn't believe it. So we grabbed a quick lunch and then watched "Horton Hears a Who" in a theater all by ourselves. Quinn slept through most of it, but it was nice anyway.

So we all went to church together on Sunday. Quinn went into the nursery with Leah, the girl I hung out with last week. He seemed to have a good time. Service was nice. I'll probably still try a couple other places before we settle down, but Jalal seemed pretty comfortable there, too. The pastor followed up with an email and we got a phone call from someone there, too. Not too pushy, but friendly.

Well, I'm going to go see what I can find for dinner. I tried a new recipe last night, chicken with grape sauce, which was okay. Jalal is working tonight, so I don't have to do anything special. Maybe I'll just make a big spinach salad and leave the oven off in honor of Earth Day. It's the least I can do. Later. Love, Us.

No comments: