What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, April 14, 2008

Caught in the Rain

Quinn and I took a little walk up to the CVS to buy birthday cards for some people, and though it was a little chilly, I didn't think it was going to rain before we got home. It started sprinkling just as we left the store, but it never rained any harder than that before we made it back. Quinn fell asleep on the way home, so he never noticed it. He's still sleeping downstairs in his stroller, giving me a chance to work and update all our loyal fans. (Thank you both. Tee hee.)
Ever since we rearranged his room the other night and gave him some nice open space (and the monkey Ryan gave him--thanks Ry), he's sleeping much better. He's also started to eat table food on a more regular basis. Partly as a result of the high cost of baby food, and the fact that he loves chewing his Cheerios, we have started letting him eat bigger pieces of food, well, just pieces period. He had peas and turkey from the table last night, when we had a birthday dinner at Fiona's parents' house. And Jalal let him eat half his strawberry off his birthday cake. He was a very happy boy after that. This morning he shared a banana with me when he was still hungry after finishing a container of baby food. He ate very well, picking it up with his fingers and everything. He certainly is much happier eating what we eat, but I know we have to be careful about it, too.
Church yesterday was pretty good. It was smaller than I'd expected, which was nice, but still bigger than West Shore. It actually reminded me a lot of West Shore. It was casual for one thing, with almost everyone in jeans. They had a bigger band, with lots of horns, but the music wasn't nearly as rocking. And the drummer? Nothing on Willie West. (For those of you who haven't been there, if you go visit, you'll see what I mean.) I think I'll go back, but I also want to try a couple other places for comparison. I did have a few people tell me that they had a nursery and I was welcome to put Quinn there, but they weren't too pushy about it. He was very well-behaved. He only squawked once, during the sermon, because the woman sitting next to us smiled at him and he wanted to talk to her. She actually was very nice. We talked a lot and she invited me out for coffee this week. She's a nurse and was just in Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run last week. Maybe some of you even saw her there! I think I'll give her a call, maybe Wednesday, and see if we hit it off. She certainly fell in love with Quinn. Can you blame her? He's such a flirt! He squawked his way up and down the aisles of Publix the other day and everyone thought he was just the cutest thing! Never mind that you could probably hear him from a mile away.
(Didn't get to post this after I wrote it yesterday. Sorry.) Love, Us.

1 comment:

Ry said...

Hey, Barb! Sounds like you're having fun in the Upstate! Glad the monkey is working. Who doesn't love a monkey?!?! Tim Killian just came by my desk thinking I was you and telling me that Ali somebody (that owns the Dog and Duck and lives near him???) was on Rachel Ray about her healthy eating in schools thing. I told him I'd tell you!