What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Silly Stories

Cutting it close this week. It's just 54 minutes until Sunday Silly Stories becomes Not Me! Monday. I really need to start writing things down as the week goes on. I know things fall through the cracks of my Swiss cheese memory.

First of all, yesterday was a milestone. Quinn mastered his Sit 'N Spin. What a blast from the past, huh? Only I'm pretty sure the ones we had as kids didn't blast irritating "Simon Says" music and games at top volume with spasm-inducing beats. I think I'm going to have to "lose" the batteries in that one soon. I remember when all I had to do was turn a toy off. Now Quinn's too smart for that.

Quinn has been enjoying our new fish. We have five of them. Quinn loved the bubbles and playing peekaboo in the mirrored back with himself even before the fish came in. He now spends at least 15 minutes a day on his step stool watching the fish and the bubbles, saying things like, "Hi bubbles. Nice. Fish!" I tried to video him talking to the fish, but as soon as he saw the camera, he says, "Cheese!" over and over again until I gave up. Ham.

I've been leaving the gate down to the kitchen lately. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, I should be very flattered indeed. His favorite thing is to open the fridge, stand there looking at stuff, and say "Uuummmm." Like he's deciding what to eat or something. Tonight he pulled out a couple of leftovers and brought them to Jalal on the couch, even though I told him I was making dinner already. Turns out he wanted fish and corn. After I gave him what was left of his fancy cookie from his Uncle Bruce the other day, he keeps trying to find another container with cookies in it. And it's really cute how he says, "Coo-kwey." He brought me an entire bucket of strawberries on his arm the other day. We've got to get a refrigerator lock.

I got a new cookbook for a belated Mother's Day gift (is that better than a vacuum cleaner?). It's a Rachel Ray book of meals for kids. So tonight I made the first meal out of it: pita pizzas with spinach, broccoli, and pesto. I added chicken, too, so today wasn't a total vegetarian day. Jalal and I both thought they were freakin' great. All Quinn wanted to eat was the "crackers," the mini wheat pitas. So he dumped all that expensive pesto and time-consuming chopped toppings onto his plate and ate the pitas. Ah well, he needed more fiber anyway.

Okay, it's late and I need to get to sleep before I give in to my late night hunger and start snacking. Hope you've enjoyed this week's installment of the silly life we lead here in beautiful Greenville. Love, Us.

No comments: