What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ahh, Peace and Quiet

Quinn is down for a nap, though the occasionally rustling I hear tells me he is not totally passed out. He was tired enough after lunch to snuggle up next to me and put his head down on my chest, so he better sleep. Now I hear him playing with his toys. Oh well. As long as he's calm. Jalal is off to work for the evening. He came with me to church this morning. We went back to the place I tried last week, LifePoint. He said he liked it because it was small, though he did say it was "churchier" than the other places he's been to. And he called the music "ChurchStock," which I thought was hysterical. It really did make you feel like you should be wearing daisies in your hair and a peasant skirt or something. Not that it was bad; it just is so much tamer than West Shore. Anyway, it's been a busy week as I've tried to work as much as I could. Ok, I'm back. So, I'm taking a break from editing for a few minutes. I think after Quinn goes to bed, I need to focus on the house for a while. There are still so many boxes and things that need to be unpacked and put away, so I'm going to knock some of those out before I go to bed.
So I met up with Leah for coffee on Friday. We're going to have her and her husband over for dinner, but she's picking up ER shifts now and is on call a few nights a week (she's a nurse), plus Jalal's schedule is so evening heavy, it might take a few weeks until we can find a night everyone is free. But then we'll have taco night! I'm excited about that. We haven't a full-on taco night since we had our couples care group over to our house, which must have been almost two years ago. Can that be? Jalal fries his own taco shells and makes fresh pico de gallo and guacamole, and he puts everything in martini glasses for flair. That man knows how to throw a dinner party, let me tell you.
Yesterday, we needed to get out of the house, so Quinn and I went to Falls Park again. We bought one of those ground blankets with the nylon backing so we can even use it if the ground is damp. As big as it was, Quinn still spent most of his time on the grass or in the dirt. He only tried to eat one leaf, so I consider that a success. He did destroy my water bottle. He is obsessed with water bottles, and he thinks they exist for him--to drink out of, play with, and chew on. (Still no teeth, by the way, for those of you on tooth-watch.) We had lunch out there and stayed for about an hour and a half. As soon as we got in the car, Quinn collapsed and fell asleep doubled over in his car seat. It was pretty funny.
So Jalal is going away for his first training from Marriott. He planned to go to one in Tampa, but then it got cancelled. So he picked New York City instead. (How cool is that? He gets to pick whichever one he wants to go to. Though his boss said flying to Seattle was a little much, so it's not unlimited.) He will be away for 6 days in July. I wish I could go. That would be so much fun. Quinn and I could sightsee all day and we could go to dinner and shows at night. Wonder if recreation could go on that company credit card? I'm just trying to find a time when I can go visit my sister. Maybe we'll get our dresses in soon, and I can take them with me. I need to call the bridal shop tomorrow and see if the color swatch has come in. Seems like it should have by now. Well, I guess that's enough for now. I'll go work for a little bit until my little bit wakes up. Love, Us.

No comments: