What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a Day!

Whew. I'm worn out. Quinn is so cranky today. I think he's getting a tooth any time now. I wish he would so he would stop crying. We had to make a trip to the bank today because my deposit of almost $600 never made it into my account. Turns out someone else got lucky and they deposited it into someone else's account. So I got hit with more than $100 in overdraft fees. After sitting in the bank for almost half an hour, they got it cleared up and credited the fees. Thank goodness our rent check didn't bounce. Turns out our overdraft protection never got hooked up to our savings account either. Like I said, what a day!
Quinn had a big day yesterday. Jalal didn't have to work, so we went to a place called Hollywild. It's a sort of zoo for famous animals. It was so crazy. They have the lion that Disney used as a model for the Lion King and all these animals that have been in commercials and movies and such. A lot of the park serves as a petting zoo. We fed llamas, goats, deer, and emus. They had a safari ride, where we got to feed deer and emus from the side of a bus. The emus were pretty scary, and they looked like they thought Quinn would take better than the stale bread we were giving them. I kept him pretty tight on my lap. He got his hand licked by a bison, too! He really got a kick out of it. The rest of the park was pretty cheesy, but the safari ride was great.
Last night, I decided to let him learn to climb stairs. I know it sounds stupid, but I was reading What to Expect the First Year, which said a child who knows how to climb stairs is much safer when presented with an unprotected staircase than a child who just knows stairs are off-limits. So I let him climb the first two stairs, thinking he would get tired and that would be it. A couple minutes later, he was grinning at his daddy from the top of the staircase! What a kid. Well, I'm going to get back to work. If I haven't mentioned it before, not a lot of housework gets done when we take days off work. Love, Us.

2 comments:

trishandwade said...

No! He's too young for the stairs....actually, he's just growing up too fast. Tell him to slow down a little!! :(

angie said...

Hi, Barbie, Quinn is just tooo cute!That was funny on the Hugh Hefner. All is fine here, baby Belle is funny as ever, chewing on shoes!(not funny!) and all that she can get her paws on!Take care! Angie