What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"911, What's Your Emergency?"

So, I can't believe I forgot to tell about this earlier. Quinn has played with the phone for a couple weeks now, but he's never done more than hit 3 and # a few times. This morning, he dialed 91111. Great. Jalal grabbed the phone and ended the call, but obviously not before it connected. They called right back asking if everything was okay. Glad to know that they are quick responders here, but I can't believe my kid called 911. Jeez.
He was still cranky tonight, and he wouldn't even talk to Aunty Trish on the phone. I don't know if he gets shy or if he just doesn't get it, but he won't even squawk when I hold the phone out or put it on speakerphone. He does smile and tilt his head and sometimes try to eat the phone, but that's about it. I know he's a smart kid, but sometimes I wonder. Like at dinner tonight. I was talking to Trish while preparing his dinner. I cut up a whole meatball and put it on his tray while I worked on some brussels sprouts. It was a couple minutes later that I realized he wasn't eating. He had been sitting there with a piece of meat in his hand, almost smooshing it into his nose, but he refused to take his pacifier out of his mouth. As soon as I popped it out, he frantically shoved the food into his mouth. How long would he sit there starving, I wonder? What a weird kid.
So I had a first of my own today. I watched a TV show online for the first time ever. I have been looking forward to that new show In Plain Sight about the U.S. Marshalls overseeing the Witness Protection Program. I missed the pilot on Sunday, so I found it online and watched the whole episode tonight on the laptop. I love this thing! It was a little bumpy in places, but it was great. I never could have even tried that on our PC. I really liked the show. She's a smart aleck, so I guess I identify with her. (No comments from the peanut gallery.) It still had 20 minutes (out of 65) left when I figured I could put it on full-screen. Hey, I never said I was tech savvy. Okay, if my eyes get any drier, they are going to get stuck in the "open" position, so I'm going to get going. If anyone gets a random call from a Mauldin number, it's probably Quinn and I apologize. Love, Us.

No comments: