What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Sunday, Another Church

Quinn and I wentto try another new church today. He didn't have time to get a nap in before we left, but he fell asleep in the nursery on one of the girls' shoulder. I really enjoyed the service and the people were very friendly. I was greeted when I got there and taken on a tour, which is more than I can say for the church last week. The nursery was great and a lot of people came up to me to introduce themselves. I would really like to go back, and I hope Jalal likes it there. The one thing all these churches have had in common is that they almost seem claustrophobic compared to West Shore. After going to church in a movie theater for years, normal ceilings seem so low! Quinn slept all the way home and then for another hour and a half. After he woke up, he ate a huge lunch: chicken, peas, lima beans, gouda cheese, pita bread, and strawberries. He's even getting pretty good at using his new sippy cup with handles. He's been in a great mood all afternoon, talking up a storm and playing nicely without destroying things.
Anyway, Jalal had the whole day off yesterday and we had a wonderful time together. We bought some photo albums at Kohl's because we are trying to start organizing all our pictures together in albums. Daunting task. I know. In the afternoon, we went to Freedom Weekend Aloft, an annual festival with a hot air balloon race and concerts. We walked around a while, found out it wasn't a good idea to take Quinn up for a tethered hot air balloon ride (next year), and sat on the grass to watch the hot air balloons take off. I think there were about 14 of them, in all different patterns, most of them rainbow colored. It was the neatest thing I've seen in a while. Oh, and we saw Radio! The guy from the movie that Cuba Gooding Jr. played. That was so crazy! After the balloons were off and floating around town, we left and went to a Mexican restaurant down the street from our house. It was fantastic, even though it was karaoke night. Quinn ate his own meal, a cheese quesadilla. It is so nice to go out and be able to feed him real food and not have to sit there and spoon baby food into his mouth. What a great eater.
The other night I got peed on twice. I was getting a bath ready for Quinn. I was kneeling beside the tub testing the water. I had just taken Quinn's diaper off and had him sitting on the side of the tub until the water warmed up. Suddenly, I realized that he was peeing, all over the side of the tub, the floor, and my shirt. So I plopped him in the tub, cleaned up the floor, took off my shirt and gave him his bath. Afterward, I was drying him off on his changing table and was just about to slip a clean diaper under his butt when he shoots a stream of pee straight into the air. I slapped his diaper over him in time to avoid getting wet myself, but I did have to change his changing pad cover. What a mess.
So, tomorrow is Memorial Day and Jalal has the day off. I think we'll try to go to the pool if the weather is nice. Maybe we'll grill steaks or something since we just got our propane tank refilled. I wish everyone a happy Memorial Day and thank all those who've served our country. Love, Us.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

Haha...at least he ONLY peed on you. I got both rounds when he did it to me. Sounds like you guys have had a great weekend so far...wish I was there. I miss you guys. And I love you all.