What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Many Apologies

I know it has been a long time since I posted, but I didn't realize just how long. I know you'll all understand, since life has been just about as crazy as it gets lately. It will probably take me a couple of posts to catch up because I don't have enough time to sit down for an hour and write! First of all, happy 4th of July to all. We just got home today from the lake house with Willie and Caroline and Vicky and Barry. It was so much fun. I wish Jalal had been able to stay the whole ime, but he had to work a lot. So he stayed from Thursday night until early afternoon Friday and came back after midnight Saturday until we all left this afternoon. We spent the time swimming in the lake (brisk!), eating barbeque, talking, drinking, and just catching up. On Saturday, the Connellys and Quinn and I went to the Coon Dog Day in Saluda, NC, which was hysterical. It was exactly what you would expect. Quinn had his first taste of funnel cake, God help us. Isabel is so grown up now and talks a blue streak. I think she said more in the first ten minutes than I've heard her say the rest of her life combined. She is so beautiful and sweet. Aundrea and Erika would barely let me hold Quinn, and Vicky wasn't far behind them. It was nice to have some time off from him. He got a little scared by all the firecrackers going off at the lake (some of them sounded like cannons), so we spent that time watching them from inside the house. I gave him some Tylenol that night, too, both because of the noise and because he is teething really bad. That reminds me. Quinn got his first tooth one week ago today, while we were in California. It is still growing out, but he is chewing on everything! I'm convinced he'll have another one popping up this week. So that was a pretty good night's sleep. He also learned how to wave while in California and charmed everyone with that new trick. He really loved waving at Erika and Aundrea until they would wave back. Well, I'm going to go ahead and post this in case I don't get to write more tonight. Love, Us.

No comments: