What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Well, I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was great. Jalal and Quinn made me breakfast in bed--eggs with chicken sausage, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella, toast, and an apple. It was so nice. I also got two very sweet cards, a windchime, and an attachment for the tub so I can give Quinn a bath without bruising my knees. Mother's Day came at the end of another weekend in Charleston. Friday morning, Quinn and I set off for the Holy City yet again. We met up with Liz, Ang, Jen, and Bret for lunch at Melvins (mmmm...cheeseburger). While I waited for them to show up, the nice lady working there tried to feed Quinn Captains Wafers, ice cream ("it's just milk!"), and banana pudding. If someone says no thank you twice, wouldn't you take a hint? I'm not feeding my eight-month-old whole milk and high fructose corn syrup! For crying out loud. Anyway, we had a great time watching the boys interact, both of them with recent head injuries from trying to stand up. From there, we went to Arcadia to visit with the old coworkers. Quinn flirted and impressed everyone with his speed-crawling and leg-climbing skills. He also inspected a few cubicles to make sure they were up to par. Rob, zip that backpack! ; ) After we checked into the Red Roof (ick), I changed for the wedding and dropped Quinn off at his Auntie L.C.'s house. It was on my way there that I realized I hadn't brought a bottle. Jeez! So I had to run over to the Teeter and pick up something that he'd never used before. Lauren said he did fine with it, though. He spent the evening chasing her cats, Hootie and Graham, around the apartment. I had a wonderful time at the wedding. Jackie, one of my oldest friends from Charleston, came back from New Orleans to marry Parke. I made it JUST in time. It was at the Maritime Center, and despite a little wind, it was perfect. It was like a Shore Thing reunion. A bunch of us who have all worked at A Shore Thing on the Market were all there, as was one of the owners, Paul. So it was Paul, me, Jackie, Desma, Megan, Colleen, and Robin. We were missing Fiona, who had to go to West Virginia because of a death in Tristan's family. It was crazy reminiscing. I'm thinking of putting together a "Where are they now" newsletter about all the girls who have worked for Ruth and Paul over the years. Two, Jackie and Terri, have just gotten married, and Angela, Heather, and I have all had babies within the last year. Pretty crazy. Anyway, I danced a little at the wedding (can't pass up my theme song, "Brick House") and now, two days later, I still can't feel my two outside toes on both feet. Is that a problem, do you think? I know my heels were high, but seriously? So I hung out at Lauren's talking for a while before taking Quinn back to the hotel. That night and again the next morning, I realized how spoiled I am now about hotels. Thanks, Jalal. The bed was crummy, and there wasn't even a hairdryer! We met Anna for breakfast at Skibo's on James Island, which I highly recommend. Then, once I found out Jamie wasn't back in town yet, we set out for home. A quick turnaround but I was glad to get back to Greenville. It's time to catch up on housework and freelancing. Gas isn't getting any cheaper, you know! Tomorrow I have to go order my bridesmaid dress for Trish's wedding. I'm so excited! Well, it's late and I should go to bed. As soon as I find my camera from wherever I packed it Saturday, I'll post a couple of pics from this weekend. Love, Us.

No comments: