What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Week Gone By Already?

Where is the time going? Seriously, I am sorry I haven't been keeping up as well with the blog. Sometimes I feel guilty writing and posting on here when I should be working on freelance work. But now I have the whole night to do both, so I don't feel so bad. Quinn had a couple of "firsts" this week. He ate his first hamburger by himself at Five Guys, and he went swimming for the first time. The burger was a big hit, but I kept wondering if Child Services was going to come after me for feeding him hamburger this young. I guess it's not that bad. It's not like it was a hot dog or McDonald's. He had a hard time concentrating, though, because there were people around. And if there are people around, Quinn feels it is his duty to entertain them with his big cheesy grin. He always picks the cute girls, too. Is that innate? Good grief. So, it was very overcast yesterday and we only had about an hour before it rained, but we went to the pool at our complex and played around in the cold, cold water. Quinn seemed to enjoy himself, though he played it cool and didn't get too excited. We have this inflatable tube baby holder thing (sounds awful, I know) and he just sat back and chilled out for a while as Jalal and I fussed around him and took pictures. He's already a water baby. Thank goodness.
We finally got his records transferred and an appointment made with a new pediatrician. I think we're going to like this guy, but we didn't do interviews like we did the first time around. Quinn will have his 9-month check up next month, a few weeks late, but we needed to wait until Jalal's health insurance kicked in. Though I'm sure the doctor won't say this, our child is a beast. Jalal and I were playing with him (or rather, letting him play while we tried to rest) this morning in bed. He climbs, stomps, and crawls all over anything in his way, even spread-eagling himself on my face a few times. He also has this nasty habit of trying to open your eyes for you if you are sleeping or just trying to. That's not the Peek-A-Boo I taught him! And he's fascinated with my teeth, always putting his fingers in my mouth and pulling my lips away from my teeth so he can poke them. Maybe if he got one of his own soon it wouldn't be so interesting. But still, less than a week away from 9 months and still not a tooth in sight. It doesn't stop him, though. Now he feeds himself one meal a day. This week it has been salmon, peas, sweet potatoes, and sometimes string cheese. He shovels peas into his mouth like they are going out of style. As soon as he eats up what I've already made up, I'm going to see how he likes baby lima beans. The salmon he really seems to like. I just baked it plain and pulled it into pieces. The really little pieces he had more trouble with, so I cut them bigger the second time. The kid can really pack away some food. It's nice that he's getting to use his partitioned plate. We have a cute tiki hut plate that I think we got from Caroline, Willie, and Isabel. Two days ago, he let me know he was done by dropping the empty plate on the floor. Thanks, kid. It is nice to be able to do something else while he eats, though. I usually can wash up the dishes or unload the dishwasher during dinner, and tonight I prepped my dinner--skillet lasagna. It didn't work out too well. The lasagna didn't quite get cooked all the way. I think next time I would have to pre-cook the noodles.
Well, Trish decided on the bridesmaid dress color and I ordered my dress the other day. I couldn't believe it when the girl pulled out the forms I had filled out and said, you know which dress you're getting, right? Um, not really. They hadn't written down the style number, so I had to go search for it again. That was weeks ago! We found it without too much trouble.
I'm sure there is more I meant to write about and can't remember now. So I'll sign off for now, post some pictures and try to get back on in a day or two. Love, Us.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

Well, well, well...it's about time.