What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Today I am doing a brief post to link to Kelly's Korner, who is doing a "Show Us Your Life" on baby names.

My darling son, born in August 2007, is named Quinn Jalal. My husband picked out Quinn from a name book (not a baby name book), and we knew it was perfect. Jalal is my husband's first name, so we followed the Lebanese tradition of using the dad's first name for the first-born son's middle name.


Just 2 and a half months ago, my darling girl was born. She is such a little skinny minnie. We had a much harder time picking out names this time, but we ended up with Madigan Ruth. Again, Maddie's first name is from a name book, but her middle name is the middle name of her grandmother, Louella, my mother-in-law, who passed away a year before we found out we were pregnant with her. I think she would be proud of her namesake.


So it seems we have an Irish thing ending in "N" going on for first names and a family thing for middle names. We like names that are unique but still easy to say and spell. We have a name picked out for another boy, should that happen someday, but of course we could change our minds before then. If we don't, it will fit the mold: Gryphon Lang. Lang is for Langston, my maiden name, after my dad, Red, who passed away when Quinn turned two. So there you go. Our kids' names. Love, Us.

No comments: