What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, May 28, 2010

Five-Question Friday

Hi all. Joining in a little blog hop tonight because I feel like I ought to post but I'm too tired to think of what to write myself. It's called blog cheating. This one is hosted by Mama M. at My Little Life.

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?

Hmmm...I have been trying to muster up the nerve to attempt some of Bakerella's cake pops. Maybe these? I have done a fair number of batches of the yummy chocolate cake balls, but decorating beyond simple lumps is daunting. Especially when hers are so freakin' awesome! I would love to pull these off for a friend's baby shower or Quinn's next birthday.

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?

Probably books. Or cookie dough (not all of it, obviously!). Maybe some adorable clothes for my adorable kids, though he certainly has done that often enough that I shouldn't hide it from him!

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?

The swings. I love the power of pumping your legs and going so high that you defy gravity for a moment and slam back down onto the swing. When my sister and I were little, we had a rickety old swingset in the backyard and the poles came up out of the sand every time you swung too high.

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?

Depends on the day. I actually like to combine eggs, bacon, and french toast. That's my ideal breakfast.

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?

I admit, I'm pretty messy. But I do try. It's just overwhelming with two little kids, a job, and a hubby who works 95 hours a week. When I worked in an office, I was obsessive about organization and keeping my cubicle neat. But it was only 4 feet square, so it was manageable.

Well, that's all folks! Gotta get the baby to bed. Happy Memorial Day weekend, and God bless all the soldiers, past and present, who leave their families to protect ours. I've been loving PW's photos about coming home. Check 'em out here. Love, Us.

No comments: