What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Monday, May 31, 2010

Reading Rainbow

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I wish I was feeling better today because this is Jalal's only day off this week and it would be wonderful to celebrate the holiday. But I started feeling crummy when I woke up yesterday and today is a little bit worse. Jalal didn't even get home until 5 o'clock this morning, so he isn't up yet (as of 10 a.m.). I'm just trying to take advantage and rest while I can. Rest--hah! Like that's possible with two kids under 3. Quinn woke up at the crack of dawn, and even though I'd cracked his door and left the TV downstairs on PBS, he still came in and bugged me, a few times. I guess the channel froze at some point, so he got bored watching a still image of "Arthur." I finally had to get up around 7 something and head downstairs, get everyone's diapers changed, and feed them breakfast. Maddie is fussing in her swing as I speak. However, there was a bright spot to my morning. Dear Quinn and I were about to read his "Finding Nemo" book when I asked him to read instead. I picked a word or two off of each page, and he sounded them out all by himself! I was so proud! Let's see if I can remember the words he read: Dad, off, in, on, but, met, back... That might be all of them. Isn't that awesome? I can't believe how smart he is. Well, I think we're actually going to get out of the house for a bit today. Later. Love, Us.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

So, I've been thinking, and I'm thinking he gets his smarts from his aunt. Just a thought.