What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Well, just a little under two weeks until Christmas, and we've almost finished all of our Christmas shopping. I can't believe it! We have basically a couple of stocking stuffers to pick up and we're done. Now we have to get our Christmas cards in the mail and ship out the gifts to family and friends who we won't see. Now it looks like there's a chance my mom might be able to come up the day after Christmas for the weekend. That would be great because she really shouldn't be alone for the holidays this year. Our Christmas tree is beautiful this year. It's going to be so great to have Trish and Wade here for the holiday, even if they can't get here until Christmas Eve.
So two days ago, I filled up my gas tank for the first time since October 31st. The last time I got gas, it was $2.08. When I filled up this time, it was $1.39! It only cost me $16.25 to fill up. How crazy is that? Oh, and a gallon of milk is down to $2.99. Whew.
I've been trying to focus on getting in shape lately. Every day this week (until today anyway), I've made sure to get on our stationary bike at least once. I try to do it before I even shower so I don't have time to make excuses or get tired later in the day. So far it seems to be working. Yesterday I rode for about 40 minutes and went 8 miles. It goes better when Quinn naps. When he's awake, he can't quite figure out what I'm doing. He just keeps asking me for juice and trying to hand me books to read to him. It's cute but not very productive, you know? Speaking of juice, we met Leah at the mall today and hung out while Quinn played at the play area. He spent most of his time on the other side from where we were, flirting with the other moms. I had to go stop him when he started pointed at one woman's Starbucks cup and saying "juice!" He's so freakin' cute. I love that kid. Tonight he kind of freaked me out though when I was giving him a bath. He started by leaning forward and putting his face underwater. He would hold his breath, put his head down for a few seconds, then come up grinning. Then he started to lay back flat on his back. The water was just deep enough to come almost up to the sides of his eyes. He wasn't scared at all. He started kicking his legs so hard that water was splashing up over my head! No big deal, right? Until I couldn't get him to sit up. Every time I would pull him up to sitting to try to soap him up, he would drop backward and yell "Dada!" I was more afraid of him cracking his head open than drowning, but it took me forever to get him to calm down enough to sit up and let me wash him. What the heck? I guess he's officially started his swimming practice! By the end of the bath, I was exhausted and soaking wet and his towel was in the bathtub with him. What a kid. Well, more soon. Love, Us.

No comments: