What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tired Wednesday

Well, my two boys are baptized! How great is that? I'm so happy. I've prayed for this (for Jalal particularly) for so many years it is hard to believe it's happened. We had a wonderful time celebrating with my sister and Wade, my mom, and some of our closest friends. Plus, we got to eat some of Caroline's tomato pie. Yummy! (Can you remember to send me the recipe, Caroline? I know you're reading this.)
Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday with a cold, and I feel crummy. Jalal said something last night about how I get a sick day, and I had to laugh. What sick day? He left the house at 7:45 this morning, and he won't be back before midnight tonight. Tomorrow should only be a 14- or 15-hour day, though. Quinn's been pretty good today but very energetic. He isn't eating, though. Not much for lunch or dinner. I don't know why. I tried a bunch of different foods but still it was just a few bites. Not like him at all.
So we have a new president-elect now. I'm not going to talk about it much because everyone else is, and I'm much less informed than most. I'll just say let's hope we have a successful four years with good changes.
We decided to go up to the next size in diapers for Quinn. We've always purchased the Kirkland brand diapers at Costco, but this time the Huggies were cheaper than the Kirklands. WTH? I don't know what's up with that, but we obviously went with the Huggies. What is wrong with this world?
So Quinn just accidentally stomped on my foot, which really hurt. I told him he hurt me and asked if he would give me a kiss to make it all better. He walked over and gave me a kiss on the mouth. What a sweet boy! He did that to Jalal the other day after dropping a shoe (Jalal's) on his eye. Can you believe what a darling boy he is? But he wouldn't give Grammy (my mom) a kiss the whole time she was with us for the baptism. She would ask for a kiss and he just shook his head "no." It was so cute.
I think I'm going to join Facebook. I've had a lot of people asking me lately if I'm on there, and since I don't even keep up with my MySpace I didn't see much point. But Trish sent me an adorable picture of Lauren in her Halloween costume, and that alone made it worth it. I will see if I can get permission to post it here. Well, better go. Almost bedtime. Love, Us.

No comments: