What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's almost Turkey Day! I'm so excited. I love Thanksgiving. We're having all the usuals tomorrow, in addition to a couple of new additions: sweet potato souffle and tomato pie. I made my traditional pumpkin cheesecake mousse pie today. Looks good. Can't wait to eat it. ; )
We had our trip to the Biltmore House this week. It was a lot of fun, even though the evening Christmas event wasn't what we had expected. We basically toured the house twice in the same day. But it was beautiful, and we all had a great time. It was very cold, too, so we were in sweaters, jackets, mittens, hats, earmuffs, etc. We didn't have time to do any of the Biltmore grounds or the winery, so we'll have to go back again sometime. It was very rainy the next day, so we mostly drove around. We had to turn back after a few miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway because they closed it down. Instead we took another route and saw all kinds of icicles coming out of the rocks on the side of the road. It was pretty cool. I love taking little trips like that with my family.
Tonight we went out to the mall to see if we could find any pre-Thanksgiving sales. We found a couple of small things but not many presents. It was still worth it, though, because we took Quinn to see Santa. He was so sweet! Santa told us what a great kid he was and how he couldn't believe he sat so well on his lap at his age. He even told one of the assistants to give us a free picture of a second pose! I bet he doesn't do that very often. I was so proud of my little boy. We'll get the pics scanned soon and post them. So I better get to bed. We have to get up early to start cooking that turkey! We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and takes time to remember what they are thankful for. I know we certainly have many blessings, in spite of a tough year. Love, Us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!