What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Going to the Hospital and...Gonna Have a Baby!

Well, it would appear today is a beautiful day to bring a baby into the world. Yep, Jalal and I are at the hospital. We checked in yesterday for observation after tests showed low amniotic fluid. So we've had a lovely date night in the hospital getting prepared for a morning induction. Despite the fact that I was the one given a sleeping pill, I have been up for some time now. Jalal peacefully sleeps on. As he should, since I'm going to need him a lot today. Everything surrounding this situation has come together. Mom is here, despite having to wait at the airport while we were stuck at the doc's office having tests, watching Quinn. Trish arrived late last night and will be coming up to the hospital in the next hour or so. All we have to do now is wait for the doctor and do what needs to be done. I'm so anxious to meet my first daughter. She's going to be amazing--at least, if her brother is any indication. Well, I'm not sure I'll sleep anymore, but I'm going to at least try to get some rest. I'm sure you'll hear more from us later today. This should be better than the last time. When Quinn was born, at 3:00 a.m., I attempted to send my first ever text message at 10:00 that night. I was delirious and confused and not very capable. But look at me now! By text, by email, by phone, by blog, or by Facebook, the world shall know about the arrival of my darling Madigan Ruth Halaby. And hopefully all without the slightest freaking out by one worn-out Mama. Hope your day is not as exciting as mine will be! Lots of love, Us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!!!! :)