What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Leaving for Daytona Beach

Hi all,
Mom, Jalal, Quinn, and I are leaving tomorrow for Daytona Beach. We pick up my dad's ashes at 10 a.m. and then get on the road. My sister went home this morning. Wade came up yesterday afternoon, and Mom, Trish, and I spent the day planning the funeral and talking about what Mom is going to do about things. We put together a eulogy, and the plan is that I'm going to read it. I think if I try not to focus on the words too much I may be able to handle it. We've had so much support from our family and friends through this. The house is covered in flowers. I hope no more arrive while we're gone. We'll leave to come home next Sunday. I'm really not looking forward to this week, for the obvious reasons as well as the fact that we have to make some progress on the house. I don't know what we're going to encounter with that. The roof was leaking before they even came up here, and three visits from Tropical Storm Fay ought to have done a number on it. Plus there is so much to do with the financial aspect of Dad's passing, like finding his life insurance policy and seeing if his pension and SS benefits pass to Mom. Trish and I are trying to help teach her how to be independent, but it's going to be a long process. I guess we'll figure it out. Well, I better go. Long day ahead of us. (By the way, on a happier note, Quinn passed the 20 pound mark at his 1-year appointment, so he gets to sit facing forward in his car seat now. You couldn't imagine a happier kid.)
Love, Us.

No comments: