What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Conversation with Quinn

Quinn: Mama, you doing laundry?
Mama: Yes, I'm putting Maddie's clothes away.
Quinn: I help laundry.
Mama: Ok, why don't you go into your room and get me any dirty laundry off the floor.
Quinn: Ok, I do it! [runs into his room and returns with a shirt] Here's laundry!
Mama: Is there any more?
Quinn: Yes, I get another one.
Mama: Ok. [Closes the door behind him, which is child-proofed from the outside.]
Quinn: Mama, you open the door? [I do.] I got another one!
[Repeat sequence three times until all laundry is off his floor.]
Quinn: All done laundry.
[Maddie starts to cry from downstairs. Quinn leaves the room and starts to close the door.]
Mama: Where are you going now?
Quinn: Going downstairs to calm down Baby Maddie.
Mama: Oh, okay. Thanks.
[running down the hall] Quinn: Good job doing laundry, Mama!
Mama: Thanks, Quinn.
Quinn: Bye-bye, Mama!
Mama: Bye-bye, Quinn!
Quinn: See you real soon, Mama!
Mama: See you real soon.

1 comment:

trishandwade said...

What a sweet boy he is! I love him so much.