What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sprinkly Saturday

It's been raining a lot lately. The bad news: We have to accommodate with inside exercise. Yesterday was Monkey Joe's. God help me. I spent half the time trying to make sure Quinn didn't get jumped on by 10-year-old Catholic schoolgirls and the other half telling him I wasn't going to give him "pennies" for the arcade games.

Today, Maureen and I attempted to keep the kids up until 12 so we could take them to a party store for an Elmo visit. Quinn fell asleep on the way, but thankfully he perked right up when he saw Sarah. Though it took us about 10 minutes to get them warmed up enough to get near Elmo, soon they were hugging him all over. I told Maureen that Quinn would likely fall asleep on the way home, and boy, did I jinx myself there. He would NOT nap. Not until Jalal got home and we headed to a consignment sale did he fall asleep.



The best part about the rain lately has been frog hunting. There are dozens of tiny baby frogs hopping all over our front yard, and every time we go outside, we chase them around. I caught one for Quinn today and let him hold it, and now he keeps talking about our "froggy hands." I'll try to get a picture of that soon.

Last week, we took Quinn to Picture People to get his cowboy pictures made. Let me just say he was a hit! I thought all was lost when he started running around in circles until his eyes literally rolled back in his head and he fell over. But the photographer salvaged it. Then we had to sign a model release so they could dedicate a display wall to his photos. We spent more than we should have but less than we could have. I'll try to get a link posted as soon as I get one so everyone can enjoy the adorableness that is my child. Locals can check out the left wall of the Picture People in the mall to see the newest celebrity.

Well, this baby is kicking up a storm already. We have only another week and a half before we find out whether it's a she or a he. I can't wait! I keep seeing all this adorable baby stuff but I can't buy boy or girl stuff. It's killing me! On the bright side, I've managed a few days of just a little queasiness where I haven't had to take my pills. Maybe we're finally heading into the downslide on morning sickness. On the downside, my hips are killing me and my back is starting to ache. I haven't gained any weight so far, which I was a little worried about these past few weeks, but the doctor's okay with that, so so am I. I'll try to keep baby updates as often as I can, but I don't want this to become a litany of preggo complaints. So feel free to shut me up if I get annoying!

P.S. RIP Patrick Swayze. I love "Roadhouse"!

No comments: