What I'm Reading

Widget_logo

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Now We're Even

Earlier today, I went to get Quinn up from his nap. For a few more weeks at least, he's staying in his crib. Sometimes he is in a bad mood when he wakes up from a nap and refuses to let me get him out right away. This happened today, and as I usually do, I stepped out for a minute to give him time to miss me. I just went outside his door to the linen closet to grab a fresh crib sheet. (I just bathed him on Thursday, but boy does he stink!) He immediately started crying when I went out of his sight-line, so I popped my head back in and said, "It's okay, Mama's right here." Well, I guess he didn't expect me to be so close by because it startled him badly. He jumped and cried even harder, and he was more than ready to have me pick him up at that point. Of course, I apologized. I really didn't mean to scare him.

After a bath (did I mention stinky boy?), he was watching "Wheel of Fortune" downstairs when I went upstairs to get something. I didn't think he'd even realize I was gone, but he came running around the corner just as I hit the bottom landing. I jumped so far and said something I probably wouldn't want him to repeat at church tomorrow. I guess it's only fair!
Love, Us.

No comments: